IBM MQ 9.2.2 Developer Edition Setup guide
- Download the software from below link by accepting license terms or get software from IT team.
- Unzip and extract folder mqadv_dev922_windows.zip to some folder.
- Open extracted folder and double click on Setup.exe icon. The IBM MQ Launchpad should open
- Click on Software Requirement in the navigation bar. You should see green checkmark and message ok next to Microsoft Windows 10 64(R).
- Go to IBM MQ Installation and click on Launch IBM MQ Installer.
- Agree License terms and click on Next.
- Select Typical installation and click on Next.
- Click on Install.
- Installation will take several minutes. Wait until we see below screen and click on Finish.
- Installation program will open IBM MQ Wizard for configuring IBM MQ. Click on Next
- Select No for the below Question regarding domain controller.
- Click on Next
- Uncheck all option and click on Finish.
- We can see an icon in the system tray with green icon which indicates IBM MQ is running.
- To verify Installation, open Command Prompt by clicking StartàRun. Type cmd and click on Ok.
- Change the directory to C:\Program Files\IBM\MQ\bin by typing below and enter.
Cd C:\Program Files\IBM\MQ\bin.
Give dspmqver command and enter it should show output like below
Create Local User and Add to MQM group to run MQ under that user
In your Windows Computer Management tool, under Local Users and Groups
- Create local user mquser
- Add mquser to mqm group
- We can run IBM MQ under this user for doing any configuration or modification to objects like Queue Managers, Queues, Topics…etc.
Create Local group and local user, add user to group to run MQ Client Applications.
In your Windows Computer Management tool, under Local Users and Groups,
- Create a Windows group mqclient
- Create a Windows user app who is the member of the mqclient group. Set the password.
- Add authority to the mqclient group so its members can connect to the queue manager and put and get messages to and from a queue
Run this command: which will add authority to Queue Manager QM1 for the members of mqclient.
Then, run this command: which will add authority to get or put messages on Queue Dev.** in Queue Manager QM1 for the members of mqclient.
Finally we have successfully installed IBM MQ 9.2 Developer edition. In the next post I will post how to send configure Topics/Queues in IBM MQ and Simple Publish /Subscribe message on IBM MQ Topic.